Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"Coffee" by Lorna Dee Cervantes - Link to Poem Excerpt Read on Latino USA

Here's the link to an earlier version of my long poem, "Coffee," which I posted at the beginning of the blog. I'll be placing the text of the poem from my book, DRIVE: The First Quartet at my new site: "The Poems, the Whole Poem, And Nothing But The Poem" soon.

NPR - Latino USA is airing an excerpt of Section II of this poem throughout the country all this week until Friday.

*NOTE: There's no stanza or section breaks or accents on this version. The poem, for its content, is -- evidently -- highly unpublishable and highly excerptable. Both new words to my 'puter's dictionary. But such is the life of Xicanerati con tinta.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
link to definitive text until I get poem back up:
  • Coffee

  • fragmento del poema "Café" en Español desde Carmen Esconde:
  • Cafe_fragmento
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
    $223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
    Cost of the War in Iraq
    $196,424,846,878
    To see more details, click here.
    Textbook125x125button
    Radical Women of Color Bloggers
    Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next