25 Random Things About ME (and a secret)
25 Random Things About ME (and one secret)
1. Birds "talk" to me. It's a family trait.
2. My earliest ambition (age 8) was to become a herpitologist.
3. I worked with what was termed "severely retarded" children aged 12-19 with developmental aptitudes of 2-6 month olds. All had their own language.
4. I was saluted by Bill Clinton with a lamb chop in the White House.
5. I always wanted to live in the wilderness. I'd make a good hermit.
6. I'm scared of cows (but you knew that.)
7. I used to be afraid of ants.
8. Otherwise, I'm brave.
9. I was born with a curl like Sweet Pea.
10. I'm a printer and I miss it.
11. I can fix a press and if I drove I'd be a mechanic.
12. I've never applied for a driver's license.
13. I'm a trained philosopher.
14. I expect to learn how to play the sax at 60.
15. I had imaginary being friends, and a mailbox for them.
16. I still have a serious romantic and erotic crush on a cartoon character (Sherman).
17. My father wanted me to become a lawyer.
18. I couldn't tell my left from my right foot as a child. I still make mistakes giving directions.
19. I have an excellent sense of direction (if I'm walking.)
20. I sometimes believe I'm the reincarnation of Dylan Thomas; It would serve him right.
21. I wrote a 54 page paper, a feminist analysis and critique on penis envy & homosexuality in Sigmund Freud for my high school English class (to make up for spending all my time in the bleachers - without a game.)
22. I graduated with high honors from SJSU & wrote a 78 page paper on John Dewey, "Experience as Art in A Nuclear Age" while having no idea I was in the honors program. I still haven't picked up my gold key. I skipped graduation.
23. I'd be a brain surgeon if I could have gotten through a statistics course.
24. After high school I vowed never to think in numbers.
25. I read everything there was to read in the children's library by the time I was 11, then was thrown out of the adult library for attempting to check out A History of Yoga which was about as big as me.
Bonus (secret): I didn't weigh up to 98 lbs until I was 24 and married. (Oops, that's a secret!)