Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ding Dong, The Wicked Dic Is Dead!

Ding dong, the Dic is dead! The Dic is dead! The wicked Dic is dead!

Death is the only justice. And what justice in that?

I just gotta say, on sunday a Piece-o-Chit died, and I for one, am glad. I hope this brings out more of the truth about this and all those dirty wars. Let's all read a Neruda poem, listen to Victor Jara sing it while he still had hands, and say, along with Violeta, "Gracias a la Vida!"

I grew up in San José, California and lived and worked among the ones who weren't disappeared, some who seemed permanently not there and living a life of re-membered tortures. My heart to all the Chilean exiles and children of the exiled. This was real and enough to break the heart of a poet. "Look! Look at the blood in the streets!" Does justice fail? Find out.

ArRest In Your Own Imagined Hell, Pinoshit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyle Daggett said...

Lorna, thanks for posting this and for the link to Red Poppy. I've visited their site before and love what they're doing.

I came across a short radio interview with poet Martin Expada and Amy Goodman on her show Democracy Now!, in which Espada reads his poem "General Pinochet at the Bookstore." Really liked Espada's poem.

BTW, to give due credit, I originally found the above link in Dumbfoundry. I've put a link to it in my blog too.

13/12/06 19:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next