Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lorna Dee Cervantes, Victor Hernandez Cruz @ Amherst - Louis Reyes Rivera Lifetime Achievement Award

Lorna Dee Cervantes, Victor Hernandez Cruz @ Amherst College 12/2/06

I'll be leaving tomorrow for Amherst College in order to receive the Louis Reyes Rivera Lifetime Achievement Award along with one of my earliest literary heroes, Victor Hernandez Cruz and Roberto Marquez. So, high honors indeed. I'm stoked! I'll be reading on Saturday, Dec. 2, with the other awardees, Louis, and some great spoken word artists and musicians including my favorite of the up & coming, Robert Karimi. It's free and open to the public starting at 6:45. Just click on the flyer image to see a bigger pic. If you're on the leafy right side of the country, come on out and say hello. Blog buddies always get a book discount.

-------------------

and

I've been absolutely inundated with error messages in my email account as someone has lifted my name domain address and spammed it out. I spent most of yesterday erasing. I received about 200 of them. So, if you get anything from ldc.com spelled out in my full name and mostly offering vacation fotos -- it's not from me! And, sorry, sorry for all the sorry spammers in the world. I'm not sure what to do at this point. It does make it hard to find my real email, though.

-------------------

So, "I'm on the road again..."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FAR OUT Lorna Dee.... you sure deserve it. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

your friend and admirer,

Nez

1/12/06 00:34  
Blogger 666poetry-finchnot said...

hi lorna dee / long time
no see


i've been off / be ing crazee :p

in a fit of mother hood
i spend all my time driving
& count ing heads / st.ill
count ing heads


i hope you are well / & having
a good travel :)



take care / stranger friend

~~jennx

2/12/06 01:48  
Blogger Jean Vengua said...

Congratulations, Lorna!

3/12/06 14:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next