Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Good Poem - Lorna Dee on "Cave Glass, Anatomy of a Scream" This Morning

"A new poem from my collaborative project" by Mackenzie Carignan & Scott Glassman at their blogs & at Runes Dances Colorforms speaks to me right now.

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

OOOOOOOooooooo!!! I love "you take my breath to go." I can't help but give in to the compulsion to collaborate. The ghost of García Lorca says to do this with the title, alá one of his sonnets:

"Cave Glass, Anatomy of a Scream


you take my breath to go,
flung and baited but crisp

in blue birth. To stretch lightning,
isolate the green, bleed it

dry until he dreams jagged
faces onto you seems

like it already happened. I am glad
for your sadness, for its delirious

conflict, for the flecks
of silver that motor, that curtain,

that call from a closed room
we can never enter. The sea

is in there, boiling and still,
asking us to swallow it’s name."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah yes,
"I am glad
for your sadness, for its delirious

conflict. . ."
Excellent!

(I'd love it on a postcard)
(excuse the Will-to-Sand-Plank)
;-)


9:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next