Thursday, February 15, 2007

This Heartens Me . . .

Neolithic Love

Proof positive that romantic love is NOT an invention of the State.

As much as this disheartens me:
Polar Bear doom

This first discovered on healer-poet, Peter Pereira's blog. Later I hear this photo was taken in 2004. What are they yearning towards, that far into the past? Some shadow of a homeland? Some landscape where it all makes sense?

In high school I debated on the side of the conservationist, sometimes in the voice of the Indian -- a voice that vowed back then to never drive. My first year in "junior college" I took a course called "Future Think" and that I did. I feel I have prepared all my life for these disasters of a planet out of balance which will make our petty politics and consequences seem like a flight of miller moths on a summer evening.

We have to love because we must. Where there's love, there's will. And as my loving grandma would say, "Where there's a will, there's a way." And, there's always a way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next