Finish The Sentences Facebook Meme (just because)
Finish the sentences. Then re-post it as "Finish the sentences" when you're done!
1. I've come to realize that my last kiss... was too friggin' long ago.
2. I am listening to... the heater: rare silence in the Mission at 1am. Now a car revs by. I just finished listening to the Blues Biography Muddy Waters.
3. I talk.... when I feel like it.
4. I love.... I loved. I will love. (so what's it to ya?)
5. My best friends.... are persistent, very smart and very sensitive.
6. My first real kiss… has been on my mind since I'm writing about 14 year olds. Michael Naillon, where are you??
7. Love is.... "but a song we sing. Fear's the way we die."
8. Marriage is.... getting the State involved in your personal life.
9. Somewhere, someone is thinking.... "I have to pee."
10. I'll always remember.... so much I forget. (Ok.Ok. The day/night my son was born.)
11. The last time I really cried was because.... of love.
12. My cell phone.... is an anomaly. My friends think that pigs are going to fall out of the sky.
13. When I wake up in the morning.... I think about who I'd like to snuggle against...
14. Before I go to bed.... I brush my teeth. And then who knows, I like to be unpredictable.
15. Right now I am thinking about.... whether or not I'm revealing too much and the relationship between ekos and poesis simultaneously.
16. Babies are.... babies. Truthfully, I never paid too much attention to them until I had my own. I used to like Robin William's impression of a baby. I think of it often at odd moments and I smile.
17. I get on Myspace.... less frequently these days. I don't like the new format. It's too easy to fall into checking out all the neat bands and musicians. I get a lot of spam when I visit there. Here, too.
18. Today I.... thought about doing my taxes and went to get the forms. I wrote some notes for my never completed dissertation. I bragged about my new old bicycle. I went to hear a non-fiction talk/reading where I didn't know a soul.
19. Tomorrow I will be... procrastinating on my taxes. Probably. Maybe I'll paint my door. I will be tempted to ride my yellow bicycle if the wind stops. I might go to Berkeley. Or Santa Cruz. Whatever it is, I'll be sorry I didn't write it down, but not sorry I did whatever I did.
20. I really want to be.... a brain surgeon. (Not really. I really want to be the poster child for predilective labor.)
21. I am allergic to.... my poor sweet kitty back in Colorado, but I know I should eat better and stay away from wheat.
22. I am annoyed by.... people who step on me because they pretend I'm not there. Hey, it happens. Don't ask unless you want to talk suppositions of race, class and gender.
23. One food I refuse to eat is... fried liver and onions. (I've got a entire menu of 1984 style torture foods.)
24. The most recent thing I've learned is.... (hmm, hard one: what don't I already know? Lots. Problem is, what did I learn today as my grandma always told me I do? That I should have written it down. It had to do with the number of jobs lost since the end of 2001. Oh yes, I learned that hundreds of dolphins surrounded a Chinese ship in Somalia and kept them from pirates by leaping out of the water at once. The pirates went away. I learned that dolphins have learned the art of civil disobedience and are saying, "Basta ya!"
25. The number one thing on my bucket list is.... who knows? since I didn't see the movie. I don't really think of such things. I'm too much of an existentialist. Oh yes! Since a child: 1.) watch a condor in the wild in my native land; 2.) watch big-horned sheep in the wild (done); 3.) own a black (blue?) racer (snake) (hey, I was 8 years old with an ambition to become a herpetologist); 4.) Go to Ireland; 5.) ascend the heights of Macchu Picchu; 6.) become a man-of-letters (I'd say, done); 7.) Own my own land and let all the plants and animals do what they want on it (done, but not in the way I expected); 8.) write a novel (so close I don't want to jinx it); 9.) live the "good life" a la Aristotle; 10.) (ready for it? drum roll...) find true love. As I've aged, my list has reversed in order of importance.
26. Something I've always wanted to learn to do is.... Navaho weaving/speak my native language/play the banjo
27. I have a high tolerance for.... eccentric people.
28. I have a low tolerance for.... fascists/fascism
29. My wish... is none of your business.
30. One person I would happily make a fool out of myself if I ever saw in person.... Okay. This is supposed to be fast first answer. First thing that crossed my mind is "Michael Moore."