Wednesday, January 24, 2007

One More Meme For the New Old Year

the year-end roundup

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Boycotted Christmas.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm more into resolving than making resolutions. Last year I kept the same resolutions I made the year before which was the first year I ever made them: to have more sex and to stop procrastinating. I like 'em. I'm still getting around to the latter. Also, to not be so isolated, so I've been trying to be more available to friends and family.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I recall -- but then I'm terrible that way.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
none -- although i feel good about keeping the jet fuel out of the air

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
The Big L

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday. It's my birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Drive was officially published on January 1, 2006.

9. What was your biggest failure?
The Big L.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Few bouts with flu. A few folks who turn my stomach.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Poetry books. Maybe yours.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine, considering those few folks mentioned above.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A few folks. The U.S. government and its arsenal.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and folly -- travel.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My book coming out, and the readings from it. My father's retrospective show in San Francisco. The fact that I have five more books of poetry ready to go. My new novel.

16. What songs will always remind you of 2006?
Maná - "Combatiente"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Both.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Socialize. Hike. Stroke Yemaya.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinate. Wish.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I boycotted and fasted for three days.

20. How will you be spending New Year's?
Stayed home. I'd like to be dancing to my brother's band next one -- and pausing to kiss.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes and no.

23. How many one-night stands?
zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugly Betty -- just because.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah, I'm not a hater, even of those few folk who make me throw up.

26. What was the best book you read?
Hard one. It always seems to be the last -- which in this case was Ted Hughes's "Birthday Letters" to Sylvia. I milked this one all year, reading it almost a poem at a time, then in one long bathtub soak session where I just immersed myself in their imagined life together and without.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Manu Chao

28. What did you want and got?
Bose headphones -- thanks T!

29. What did you want and not get?
The deed to my half of the house.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see any :-(

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
52. I read with my old friend Maurice Kenny in an all-skins reading in San Francisco Intersection for the Arts. It was great.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
None of your business. (Did I say, "Love?")

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

34. What kept you sane?
My "personal fashion concept": hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Pig actors or acting piggies or hog performers, which ever you prefer. And, does anyone else think the sensitive metrosexual caveman on those stupid commercials is hot? Or is it just me?

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
WAR.

37. Who did you miss?
You know. And the one I haven't met yet.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Why is this so hard? I feel like I'm forgetting someone important. I know I met some fantastic new people this last year. And, reconnecting with my old friend, Naomi Quiñonez was the best.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Who knows? I don't know. You never know. And that's all I know. You know?

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
John Mayer: "And that's the way this wheel keeps workin' now

You can't love too much one part of it.
You can't love too much one part of it.
You can't love..."

I just noticed that Jessica tagged me on this meme last week while I was getting ready for classes to start. Now, I tag AD, Eduardo and Diana, Ernesto in cold London and you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that sensitive caveman character, too. . .I'm always looking for the next commercial (my favorite is the airport music vid).

26/1/07 18:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugly Betty!

27/1/07 16:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next