Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"The Best Seven Minutes of My Life" (7-Minute NaPoWriMo Poem for 4/11) & Topic/Title for Today w/ Updates

The Best Seven Minutes of My Life





were spent with you. How many poems
open like that? How many yous open like that
to a touch? Your delicate face in my palms,
the blush of our truth on your cheeks. What sudden
love, yes, struck silly talking, a new you pressed
to my hips. We were a way out of that cul-de-sac
of our fin d' siecle. We were a single wave
pushing into a shore -- our lives, unfolding
before us: all the chip-lipped cups and the books,
the rats stacked up in cages, your instruments
and their cases completing the high-rise cityscape
in the kitchen. How I cooked for you, love
in the making, our love-making made permanent
in the stamping. Yes, I loved you. Yes, you were
the love of my life -- that time. Yes, we were.
Though we never made that summit and made love
in a tent above treeline. I never stopped wanting
you. You, in all your delicate shards and ways,
curling to me, covering me with your boney
wires, all the you coming out of you,
all the ways to live and love in seven
minutes of wonder, and wounding, or less.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
written in 7 minutes or less for National Poetry Writing Month. Go to my MySpace blog to read all the poems as well as today's. Spend the best 7 minutes of your life finally getting out those poems and drafts of poems by writing one a day for the month of April -- or heck, any 30 days. I'll be posting "what comes out of the hat" -- those little slips of paper I've collected that were left over from my workshops & classes when we do this exercise adapted from Natalie Goldberg's book, "Writing Down the Bones." You can set a timer or use your computer clock and write a poem in 7 minutes -- then take 24 hours to type it, revise it if you want, and post it on your blog or here in the comments. I'd love to read them!

Today's slip out of the hat for April 12 is:








"The Oranges At the End of the Meal"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next