Tuesday, March 07, 2006

AWP EVENT Cancelled - Go to SUPERFLUX LAUNCH PARTY - Cactus Cafe UT

SUPERFLUX LAUNCH PARTY, March 8
Readers include Eileen Myles, Susan Wheeler, Rosa Alcalá, Lee Ann Brown, Lara Glenum, Arielle Greenberg, Rachel Levitsky, and Denise Szymczak. There will be a screening of a short film by Jill Chamberlain. 7:00 pm on Wednesday, March 8 at the Cactus Café in the Texas Union (UT Campus)

Sorry, all. But I just got wind of this reading. It didn't seem like there was much happening wednesday night so I decided to organize something for po' bloggers and other poets to meet. But Susan is a fellow P-Town fellow, Rosa & Lee Ann are poet buds, and I always want to hear Eileen.

So I'm considering canceling plans at Town Lake (I can still cancel tomorrow morning) unless there's a great outcry by tomorrow, or I know there's more than a dozen people who'd like to have an open mike.

I can see you at the Cactus Cafe. And, at my reading with Diana Marie Delgado, Brenda Cardenas, Rolando Hinojosa, Raulsalinas, and others, Thursday, March 9 from 6 - 10 pm. Or catch my panel presentation on Friday at noon. Or at the book signings 10 - 11 am at Wings Press, #442, near the coffee. Or, just catch me winging around -- there can't be too many people at the AWP who look like me.

See ya there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lorna Dee,

I got the lead to your blog from Robin Reagler's BIG WINDOW. I attempted to let UH'ers know about this reading in Austin, but Kathy (there) seems to ignore my fwd's (from the Poetics List).

A UH grad myself, I am unable to attend conferences, including the AWP, myself as I am a worker. I hope the readings were worth it -- I bet they were.

Ann Bogle

13/3/06 01:22  
Blogger William Allegrezza said...

Lorna,

Unfortunately, I never managed to catch up with you at AWP. That's too bad.

I hope you had fun in Austin.

13/3/06 13:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next