Saturday, November 12, 2005

How's the Novel Going?

I love what I'm writing and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm writing in longhand but I can only seem to write while sitting in front of my computer. Go figure. It could be worse. I could need a cigar. It takes me longer to count words than write them. I like the pen I'm using. It's waterproof in case I want to write in the bathtub. I don't. But I like the fact that I can. I like the way it flows and how black it is; it's all very permanent. It's in a purple journal I bought for the occasion for real cheap at Tuesday Morning. It lies flat by itself. It says "thoughts" in fancy scroll in a cut-out window. I like that it says "thoughts," very nondescript. I think no one knows that I'm writing a novel. But no one would ever see me anyway. Now, I have to go cook turkey burgers. I procrastinate more than I write. That's the way I write. I've been waiting 20 years for this month to write the novel. Erin Bertram asks: Does not writing make you cranky. No. Writing does. I think that's why I put it off until the wolf's hour.

How about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger 666poetry-finchnot said...

so much have you written

are you feeling pressure yet

i just didn't have it in me
to do nanowrimo this year

lol

13/11/05 20:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next