Monday, May 16, 2005

What Kind of Existentialist Am I? Or, On Geeks, Greeks & Gee Gees (guiguis?)



You scored as Martin Heidegger. You are Martin Heidegger. You are a very wordy person that believes we classify objects by their function, and that community is essential. Once we are in a community, then it is possible for us to differentiate ourselves. You also might have sympathetic feelings towards Nazis.

Martin Heidegger

71%

Jean-Paul Sartre

71%

Friedrich Nietzsche

61%

Albert Camus

57%

Soren Kierkegaard

43%

Not An Existentialist

39%

Which Existentialist Philosopher Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com


I'm sure the only reason I'm not Camus is that I don't like to drive fast (they asked). In fact, I don't drive at all, ever. And the only reason I'm not de Bouvoir is that she's not on the list, or they can't spell her name either. And they also don't include my favorite existential philosopher, Lynda Barry; not to be confused with my favorite philospher, Craig Clairborn, albeit, an epicurian. This from the Rogers Intelligences test which doesn't include spelling:

You scored as Verbal/Linguistic. You have highly developed auditory skills, enjoy reading and writing and telling stories, and are good at getting your point across. You learn best by saying and hearing words. People like you include poets, authors, speakers, attorneys, politicians, lecturers and teachers.

Verbal/Linguistic

96%

Intrapersonal

82%

Visual/Spatial

75%

Interpersonal

71%

Musical/Rhythmic

57%

Bodily/Kinesthetic

54%

Logical/Mathematical

39%

Which Existentialist Philosopher Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com



The Nazi part was scary. Actually, I was trained early on to "Know Thine Enemy" which doesn't include tennis lessons & Scotch. I had already fessed up to having the mente of Heidegger when creating this blog, but it was along the lines of demonic possession. Actually, I scored a 78% H over how ever many percentage points Sartre (note: my math intelligence doesn't score a dit on a dot) but I lost the link to post results & had to take the dumb test again. It came down to an extra question, the tie-breaker: "Which statement do you prefer - 1) Existence preceeds essense. 2) Humans are thrown into existence." Duh. Both. That's the Xicanao Way. Not to be confused with the Yellow Brick Road, The Golden Mean or The King's Highway. Amen y con saFoS

As for Geeks, I scored highest as an Academic Geek: 98% (2% inner chola) & high as a General Geek, Computer Geek, &, cruelly, high as a Wardrobe Geek (86% which was also the percentage of "Mexican Americans" in my junior high & the percentage of my daily existence made miserable and rendered absurd therein). I lost the results to that test, too. And the test itself. (It's that 'itself' tic which makes me the geeky exitentialist that I am. Heidegger, take that. The geeks shall inherit the earth. (Note: the actual translation is that the "debonnair shall inherit the earth" according to the hermeneutical scholars of the Lost Scrolls.) As if you didn't know.

And as for the Greeks, my academic mentor once stated that as for the destruction of the Alexandria library, "It was just as well. They found just enough." Otherwise, the Greeks are only here for the rhyme. Or, find the work of my all-time favorite Greek-American poet (she would get the irony) Eleni Sikellianos, and I'm hoping I spelled that right. Her poetry is like walking the hog-back, stunning for the view & the earthscapes, primordial & postmodern in the same step, post-Captitalism at its best, especially the California poems. ("California, I'm coming home...") Pity we couldn't have the foresight & good judgement to add both ES & LU to our roster. Along with Pineda & Doubiago, why not? What's a few more awards in the house? Can you spell P=u=l=i=t=z=e=r=?

Putz.

Is that a Nazi word? On words: anyone speak gee-gees? Really, anyone ever hear that word as a child? As something that goes in the toilet, what some big N might say about Xicana poetry or Frida or the Pulitzer. One thing surfing has brought me is lists, pre-blog-world. On one list, generated by a fellow Californian Indian, had a list of Chumash vocabulary. Words I found myself muttering to my baby: "Are you my little dondee-dondee?" "Give me kitchie-wichies. Quichi weechies" for kissing. Another word i won't spell as it was secret family word for when ever he should ever get lost or someone besides me should ever have to pick him up from school or home, as "no one else but mami would ever call you _____...". All nearly extinct Chumash words. Some kind of inspiration for the Enlightment. Some kind of Big Bang for Goebbels. Now all that's left is what is uttered mother to mother. Mother! And mierde. Anyone else ever hear the word "gui-guis'? Is this a Chicano word? Some one from California? speak

I have more visitors to this blog from Belgium than the entire state of Colorado. "California, I am..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next