Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where In The World Is Lorna? San Jose Community College TONIGHT 6:30

Join me TONIGHT, 6:30-8:30 pm. I'll be returning to where it all began: San Jose "City College" where I studied with Rose Higashi, Richard Regua, Mr. Gutierrez & others; where I performed with Teatro Conciente in a drama workshop with Adrian Vargas in Mexico in the summer of '74, where I read my poetry on stage between our 2 actos & was approached by Juan Bruce-Novoa from Yale (RIP), Nicolas Kanellos of Revista Chicano-Riqueña, now Arte Publico Press, publisher of my 2nd book, and an editor from El Excelsior where I saw my first published poem. I'll be reading from new & old work. I'll have copies of new book, CIENTO: 100 100-Word Love Poems. Find me on Facebook & join the event page. I hope to see you there! Poetry On!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hello :) I would love it if you could check out the poems I wrote on my blog and give me some feedback! Pretty please? :)

Sara

branchesofthought.blogspot.com

14/5/12 19:12  
Blogger Thelma T. Reyna said...

Hi, Lorna. I reviewed your book, EMPLUMADA, for my series of book reviews of pioneering Latina authors in modern America. It was just posted recently on the literary/cultural blog, Latinopia.com. You can see my review here: http://latinopia.com/latino-literature/latinopia-book-review-emplumada-by-lorna-dee-cervantes-2/
I would love feedback on it from you or others. Please feel free to communicate with me directly at my email: drthelly1@aol.com

31/5/12 12:39  
Anonymous Thomas L. Vaultonburg said...

Refractory

For one moment
After your tangled hair
Falls to my chest
And before I hear your
Hungry footfalls
Returning to bed
I am incapable
Of anything
But this poem.

3/3/13 18:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next