Monday, June 11, 2007

Lorna Dee Cervantes - June's Featured Poet at Kate Evan's Poetry Monday - Moving to Cal! June 23 Reading in Denver (Lakewood)

Lorna Dee Cervantes is this month's featured poet at Kate Evans's blog on her Poetry Monday featureposted today. Check it out. I post and talk about two brand new poems, process, moving (to Berkeley!), "home" and "ouija board" poetry. And, check out Kate's fine poetry while you're there. It was a real pleasure to read with her at the SJSU Poets Then and Now event last April.

Yes, that's right, I'm moving to Berkeley! I'll be all moved in wednesday night. Yee haw! Catch me there, or catch me back in Denver (Lakewood Belmar Center) on June 23 at 6:30 pm for a big and free reading kicking off a new Latina/o writers center, El Laboratorio. It will start off with a discussion with other members which will be broadcast on PBS, and end with a reception, book-signing and open bar (free!) Hope to see you there!

And, check out my MySpace blog where I post new poems constantly and check out the new tune on my profile page by Beltaine's Fire, a new Celtic Hip Hop Rebel Music band from Oakland featuring my ex, John, on Scottish Irish style banjo. Killer. POETRY ON!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next