Five By Five Meme On A Friday
Five by Five Meme
Five things in my freezer:
1. Five packs of hot dog buns
2. Two packs Boca Original vegan burgers (3 years old)
3. Dozen and a half leftover bagels, sliced (from class at my house)
4. Frozen strawberries, organic and otherwise
5. My son's placenta
Five things in my closet:
1. Burgandy velvet Navajo dress I wore to the White House.
2. Blue, purple, teal woven Guatemalan belt.
3. Leftover NEA poetry apps I just can't bring myself to toss
4. Several velvet embroidered bags from Chiapas
5. A painting I bought in Mexico painted after some soap opera about tontos; it's good but creepy -- surreal and a bit pop Bosch
Five things in my car: I'm a lifetime non-driver, so 5 things in T's car
1. Dangling plastic calaca
2. Keychain pedometer from work
3. Ice squeegy
4. CDs I burned for him for the commute: "The Way There" and "The Way Back" (so far, it's about a 10-cd set)
5. Good vibes
Five books/magazines on my nightstand (or under):
1. The Botany of Desire, Michael Pollan
3. Indio Trails, raulrsalinas (galley)
4. Food and Wine
5. Bon Apetit
Since there should be 5 by 5 Things, here's five things on my desk:
1. Chunk of amethyst crystal
2. Lightbulb (75 watt)
3. Roll of cellophane tape
4. Black Hawk "Chief of the Broadleafs" Indian head cigar box full of note paper
5. Maroon plastic 2-file holder desk tray holding mostly masses of colored sticky notes, unsorted, messages ranging from everything from scores on Bookworm ("master archivist") to Memphis Minnie Notes to very important phone numbers (yours?) to current postage rates.
Now, do you.