Friday, June 02, 2006

Lorna Dee Cervantes In Denver Tonight - Taza de Cafe

If you're in Denver or thereabouts tonight, join me for a Taza de Poesia at Taza de Cafe, 3565 W. 44th Ave, corner of 44th and Lowell, Friday, June 2 from 7 pm. Come early, 5-7 for an artist reception for artist Manuel Martinez ("Daniel?" "David?" oops!) with proceeds going to a children's fund. Then poets, Dr. Ramon del Castillo and Hector Munoz, two of my favorite Denver poets, will be joining me along with music. I'll be featuring my new book, and maybe even new work. Sorry for the late notice. Too much po-mo makes us late on the self-promo. But, if you're around and free, I'd love to see you there. I'll be celebrating my new book and seeing old friends. It will be a great event -- and free to the public, I believe. Sorry, again about the late notice. It's something I'm doing for Ramon and I don't have all the info on it yet. But I know it will all be good. And, a good chance to get a signed copy of the book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

Lorna,
I'm sorry I missed this! For some reason I thought you were reading June 6th.

I do hope to visit Boulder and hang with you sometime.

2/6/06 21:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next