Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Coffee" by Lorna Dee Cervantes - Poetas y Pintores Exhibit Online

My long poem, "Coffee" which was read at the Dodge Poetry Festival and appeared on a Bill Moyer's documentary was presented in part over NPR's Latino USA program this past week. I read Section II of the poem which was excerpted slightly. You can now read the entire poem -- accents and all -- somewhere besides my new book, DRIVE and a limited edition chapbook which has the first two poems in a series of four, thanks to this wonderful exhibit of Poetas y Pintores, a joint effort of St. Mary's College and Francisco Aragón at Notre Dame. And, check out the incredible woodcut by René Arceo.
René Arceo -
If anyone is in the area: I'll be presenting a performance of the poem and a talk on the relation of the arts in February at St. Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN, possibly on the 23; I'll be updating my calendar links soon. It'd be great to meet some of y'all.

  • Read my poem, "Coffee" here.
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Anne Haines said...

    Please keep me posted on the date for St. Mary's! My mom lives in South Bend, so I'm up there relatively frequently. Depending on the date and what my schedule looks like, it would not be out of the question for me to slip up there for a couple of days.

    29/1/06 16:02  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
    $223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
    Cost of the War in Iraq
    $196,424,846,878
    To see more details, click here.
    Textbook125x125button
    Radical Women of Color Bloggers
    Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next