Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Integrity" (7-Minute Poem For NaPoWriMo, 4/7/11)

Integrity (7-Minute Poem For NaPoWriMo, 4/7/11)

for E. S.

Yours is the integrity of flint,
of steel, of iron. Yours
is the integrity of birds flocking,
whales in their loving pods. Yours
is the integrity of sand, what moves
with the will of you; all your sweet
sweat, your simple construction.
I love the sudden fill of you, your
swell and sway. I love how you do
what you say. You slay me
with your truth. I love the way
we fit together as if I were your
seed. I love the far away look
in your multicolored eyes, the land
and sea of you. I love
the way you look at me, that ancient
shore. I love how I am more
with you, your carbon, the filaments
of your fine hair. I love how you hold
me together, how fast and vast
the ocean of this love in its gentle
tide, the integrity of flesh, of salt,
of we.



Lorna Dee Cervantes
4/9/11

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger indierabaja said...

Gorgeous!

Aurora Levins Morales

11/4/11 23:46  
Blogger Joy Leftow said...

your words paint a picture

15/6/11 11:54  
Blogger Elizabeth Marino said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

24/3/18 13:21  
Blogger Elizabeth Marino said...

So rich in textures of sound and image that I almost feel you breathe together.

24/3/18 17:51  
Blogger Elizabeth Marino said...

So rich in textures of sound and image that I almost feel you breathe together.

24/3/18 17:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next