Sunday, April 03, 2011

"Galaxy" (7-Minute Poem For NaPoWriMo)

Galaxy (7-Minute Poem For NaPoWriMo)



Into your galaxy I fall
heartfirst, fear akimbo,
over and over the tumbling falls
of sensuous rivers inside me.

Take me to your forked places
where the tongue seeks refuge.
Take me into precious highways where
the macadam vanishes into layers of distance.

Lead me to your past, to your dream
sequences, to your black holes
of remembrance. I will mark the trail
with the breadcrumbs of knowledge.

This journey leaves only once. We
are the destination. Here in this sparkling
sea of sky, your shimmering eyes
weave a map of sighs, night whispers.

If I could feel you here: the slow swirl
of your ticking time, the windy whirl of
your breath panting above me, I would
be home, landed. I would plant my flag.



Lorna Dee Cervantes
4/2/11

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next