Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Email To Bedford - St. Martin's Regarding Errors in Lorna Dee Cervantes's Official Biography

Hello,

I'm not sure who to contact, but I am an author (poet) included in many of your anthologies. Please note that biographical information on me that you have online (and very close to 1st on the search engines) was written by a 15 year old girl from a "failing" school in Denver where I presented poetry workshops and spoke, and they posted their papers and reports online. I'd like to know who to contact regarding deleting this biography -- my present publisher, Bryce Milligan at Wings Press would be able to send you a real one; or, I could. I can assure you, I did not complete my PhD in 1979, nor publish my poems I wrote as a 14 year old in my first book "published that year", nor was I reading Shakespeare at age 6 -- however much I would have liked.

Please let me know who to contact regarding this matter. I realize I may have to wait for a reply as I am just using this online email address.

Thank you. I have a new book of poetry, five books in one, a 320-page literary pentych available now from Wings Press, publication date Jan. 1, 2006.


Lorna Dee Cervantes

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...yeah hi...I'm doing a report/power point on you for my junior english final and somehow I managed to find myself here on your blog...I've read a bunch of your "supposed" biographies but can't be too sure that it's really true what is written on those sites...I was kinda wondering if someone could put up your actual biography and or give me names of books that I can try and look for at the local libraries/bookstores (most likely I'd maybe find them in a bookstore seriously where I live you can't find anything really that has to do with chicano writers/leaders etc.) that have to do with your childhood and how you got involved with poetry..I'd be really grateful. Please and Thank You!!!

2/6/08 02:29  
Blogger Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Hey there! You're up early - or late.

Try my other (neglected) blog. I have a long first part of a literary bio on there. I have the whole thing completed - but at age 53, that's a lot of typing, and I just got bored with it. Tghere might be enough there. At least it clears up the most glaring errors.

Good luck!

2/6/08 08:49  
Blogger Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

oops, I forgot the url:

http://lornadcervantes.blogspot.com

This is the blog where I try to post answers to questions, help with pp presentations, etc. I'm not much on self-promotion, which is sort of what I need to do since poets, unlike novelists, don't have agents of publicity people, like Sandra Cisneros and Ana Castillo, to name a couple of friends, and great writers and thinkers, too.

Thanks for visiting. Get some rest!

2/6/08 08:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lorna Dee Cervantes:

My name is Alexa Welch, from Las Vegas, NV. I am a Freshmen at Silverado High School. My teacher Mrs. Parks has given me a project to write about a well known writer. She gave myself as well as others a list of writers. We had no idea whom many of these writers were. I chose to pick a person who I did not know much about. I chose you. I have read many things about you, and I have read a lot of your poems. They are wonderful. I was wondering if you could give me some more personal information about yourself, and what you have been doing lately. I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to do this for me. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Alexa L. Welch
ps. some answers like:
1.do you have any siblings: names ages.
2.are you married?
3.do you have any children?
4.what effect if any did you have upon society?
5.what was your fist job?
6.what kindss of things were going on in society/the world that would have affected you work if any.
7.what was your family life like as a child?
and...
8.what important events shaped you career?
thank you so much, i will be looking forward to you answers!

25/3/09 16:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next