Friday, April 08, 2005

On Saving the Queen...

I posted this to aol yesterday. They were asking for poems, but I missed the deadline by 17 minutes. So, I decided to post it the aol message board.

Anyone have an in with the future King of England? How does one apply for the job of Poet Laureate of England? I would save the Queen hogsheads of sherry.

;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: Re: for real poem for them
Date: 4/8/05 12:36:11 AM EDT
Author: LornaDeeCe

Rating: 50% of 4
people liked this post.
Do you? Yes or No

  Thank you for your rating.  


I just wanted to say that I despise them, and mourned Diana's passing and sad life. I thought it'd be a challenge to pretend I was the Poet Laureate of England with the obligation of trying to write a decent poem about something so antithetical to what one is feeling. I tried to write a real poem which meant I had to try and empathize, to put myself in their souls.

Weird task.



Rating: 50% of 4 people liked this post. Do you? Yes or No 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next