Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sad News: Poet, Literary Critic, Performance Artist, Professor Vincent Woodard Passes

I just discovered this tonight: "Remembering Vincent Woodard" and "Safe Journeys, Dearest Vincent" I am so sad. Vincent Woodard, my dear colleague and friend and supporter at CU Boulder has passed. How is it that someone so beautiful and brilliant and wonderful is no longer with us? How much we regret the time not spent with would-be friends and dear ones. This is all so sad. I wish I'd known. I would have flown up for the memorial at CU the other day. What an incredible Spirit that man had, what a Light. He will be missed. I may try to make the memorial in Austin on March 21.


And, tomorrow (today), 2/23, I will be reading and remembering my friend and one of my earliest influences, raúlsalinas, "El Tapon" at the Galería de la Raza on 24th Street in the Mission at 7 pm. We will be raising funds for his widow. Please come and hear tributes along with his words by Alejandro Murguía, Tomas Riley, Leticia Hernández, Naomi Quiñonez and others. I hope to be reading the original version of "A Trip Through the Mine Jail" which I read as a young high school student in the Chicano journal Aztlán in 1970.


This blog has always been more for the dead than for me. This light for their's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Evans said...

what a huge loss...

25/2/08 11:10  
Blogger kate said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from myeloma, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My wife suffered myeloma in the year 2016 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of bone pain, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to myeloma . I never imagined myeloma has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. myeloma has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

13/7/19 08:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next